Executive and Central Committees
The Executive Committee consists of board officers who are elected by the Central Committee. Key duties include:
- Support the Central Committee through facilitation, agendas and minutes.
- Daily budgetary duties implementing the decisions of the Central Committee.
- Approval of budget requests from other committees.
- Manage and supervise paid and volunteer office staff.
- Guides and supports other committees.
- Maintain party records and organizational history.
The County Central Committee is made up of the County Party Chair, Vice Chair, 2nd Vice Chair, Treasurer and Secretary and the Precinct Committee Persons (PCP) (up to 2 people from each precinct are elected at the caucuses every 2 years). State Democratic Party officers who live in the county are also members of the County Central Committee, as are any elected State and County office holders. The Central Committee is the county party’s “voting” organization. That is, they approve budgets and agree to decisions such as whether or not to have an office. Only Central Committee members may vote for officers of the County Party. This is the governing component of the party as defined in the bylaws. In practice the public (or at least registered Democrats) are invited, and most chairs use an informal structure in taking votes – allowing people who were not elected as Precinct Committee Persons or officers but who have been active with the Party to have a say in decisions. When there is a contentious issue, the Chair should make sure that only votes of persons who are authorized members of the Central Committee are counted. The Central Committee elects new Precinct Committee Persons. If there are vacancies the Chair can add Precinct Committee Chairman, and the Chair can also remove people for rule violations.
The following exist directly under the Executive and Central Committee.
- File maintenance.
- Lead organizational entity for database maintenance including: democrats, volunteers, members, precinct captains, and donors utilizing the VAN or and other systems.
- Assist other committees and groups with training on use of the databases and files.
- Assist the other committees and groups as agreed upon by Executive committee decision
- Some existing functions such as birthday notifications.
- Work to support the Treasurer.
- Assist with budgetary planning and reporting.
- Century Club
- Donation policies.